SacredSpace

A sacred space for sharing and adding healing energy into our world. You can also find me at my website OneMindOnline.org.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest

I have a private practice as a Spiritual Director, I'm an interfaith minister with Buddhism being my primary practice, and currently work as a nurse at the local hospice and in senior care. I am finishing my studies toward a Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology. Previous to this, I spent three years training to become a Buddhist monk. That followed an eleven year career in cognitive neuropsychology and brain electrophysiology. I am fluent in cat and hopeless at making a really good trifle.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Pain in My TOE!!


I woke up with it early this morning. Throbing, pounding pain. It is being created by a hard lump of unidentifiable "stuff" lodged under my skin on the inside of my right big toe.

I have no idea what it is. No puncture to indicate a poke or bite of some kind. There is swelling (hence, "pain") but no discoloration. No warning of its arrival. It is just showed up and I do not have any more information about it other than a) it has arisen, and b) it is abiding as we speak.

Now, given the teaching of anatta, or no permanent existence, there will be a "c)" to follow: this too shall pass. Small comfort. In the meantime I meditate on the frailty of the human body and the unbelievably sharp, tight focus on the present moment that living with big toe pain offers as an opportunity to practice every bleeping moment meditation. And uncomplaining, all acceptance.

Sort of. >:~(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home