SacredSpace

A sacred space for sharing and adding healing energy into our world. You can also find me at my website OneMindOnline.org.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest

I have a private practice as a Spiritual Director, I'm an interfaith minister with Buddhism being my primary practice, and currently work as a nurse at the local hospice and in senior care. I am finishing my studies toward a Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology. Previous to this, I spent three years training to become a Buddhist monk. That followed an eleven year career in cognitive neuropsychology and brain electrophysiology. I am fluent in cat and hopeless at making a really good trifle.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Seeing is Believing?


Summer nights are so exquisite for lying on the sweet grass and gazing toward the dome of the heavens above. Stars and planets cast their glittering light into the vast, deep night. We sigh with the beauty and try to count them.

The next time you enjoy this restful past time consider this -- a percentage of the stars that we see shining are a mirage of the past. Although our eyes swear to us that yes, indeed, there is a star, and there is a star, many of these seeming realities have long, long ago burnt out and faded from the universe. That which our senses tell us to be 'real' is not. It is simply an illusion of the dead past co-existing with the present.

What else in our lives do we swear to be true that is nothing more than a dream of a star from the past?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home