SacredSpace

A sacred space for sharing and adding healing energy into our world. You can also find me at my website OneMindOnline.org.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest

I have a private practice as a Spiritual Director, I'm an interfaith minister with Buddhism being my primary practice, and currently work as a nurse at the local hospice and in senior care. I am finishing my studies toward a Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology. Previous to this, I spent three years training to become a Buddhist monk. That followed an eleven year career in cognitive neuropsychology and brain electrophysiology. I am fluent in cat and hopeless at making a really good trifle.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

In the Current Moment

Yesterday I was reminded that it is not always a sign of unmitigated brilliance to be someone who comes up with many ideas about their life. Ideas are wonderful for stimulating the mind but you have to be careful not to squelch the creative fire that needs to arise in order to allow the idea to become manifest. The image I was given was that of my having so much mental downloading of what I want to do and be that it was acting like a low pressure situation on the fire that was trying to arise from the earth to concretize all those wonderful ideas. The antidote, I was told, was to get to water, be with water, become water. It will not put out the flames of the creative but it will allow the feelings surrounding these ideas to become apparent.

I think that my cycle is this: I become aware of what I must do next. The fire spirit arises to begin the manifestation of the dream. As the dream starts to become a reality there is fear because the unknown is scary and wonderful and I could actually succeed! The fear becomes so great that I will quickly squash the manifesting idea by coming up with a different idea, which begins to manifest, which will bring up the fear, which means I must download another idea.

Getting by the water, allowing a fresh wind to blow, watching the fluidity, will allow the water element of my own being to have a voice. "Yes, I am afraid, tired, delighted, excited..." Whatever it is. It will not change the course of the manifestation it will actually get me deeper in touch with the flow of it.

For all things to be in balance we must move within and with the current of the moment.

(Artwork courtesy of Sybil Shane)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home