SacredSpace

A sacred space for sharing and adding healing energy into our world. You can also find me at my website OneMindOnline.org.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest

I have a private practice as a Spiritual Director, I'm an interfaith minister with Buddhism being my primary practice, and currently work as a nurse at the local hospice and in senior care. I am finishing my studies toward a Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology. Previous to this, I spent three years training to become a Buddhist monk. That followed an eleven year career in cognitive neuropsychology and brain electrophysiology. I am fluent in cat and hopeless at making a really good trifle.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Day of Blessings


While I am not a Christian I took a moment this morning to meditate and tap into the level of devotion that so many are sharing this day. For Christians this day is deeply significant. I would venture to say that it is the most important religious holiday of the Christian faith.

After my meditation I continued to reflect upon the significance of this day. It seems to me that the theme of death and resurrection is so vital to all religions. It is, maybe, the very theme of Faith. When our faith is strong we can experience and witness the death of so many things with the understanding that from the ashes of change and impermanence arises the glory of the strength of spirit. In Buddhism, we work toward the death of ego and self so that our true Buddha Nature may arise in splendor within us.

And so I join in today's celebrations in my own way. A day of contemplation, a day of blessings. May all beings be at Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home