SacredSpace

A sacred space for sharing and adding healing energy into our world. You can also find me at my website OneMindOnline.org.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest

I have a private practice as a Spiritual Director, I'm an interfaith minister with Buddhism being my primary practice, and currently work as a nurse at the local hospice and in senior care. I am finishing my studies toward a Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology. Previous to this, I spent three years training to become a Buddhist monk. That followed an eleven year career in cognitive neuropsychology and brain electrophysiology. I am fluent in cat and hopeless at making a really good trifle.

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Teacher Becomes the Student


Herein lies my teaching for the day:

This morning I went over to my son, Eli's, site and got the opportunity to read his latest blog entry. As I began to read I became quickly disoriented. Who wrote this?? My son?? Wait, wait wait...

As I continued to read I let go the mom thread and read some very deep, moving and insightful commentary about a life explored. There were questions asked but not necessarily answered. There were dilemmas noted that found a voice. There was a resolution at the end that found it's way to a frog, a lizard and the evening grass.

Within it all I found resonance with some of my own life and I found myself nodding in agreement. When I was done I had to laugh a little because a scene from my dream last night came to mind: a priest is talking to me and he suddenly leans over and stares at me and gets very intent and asks in a hushed tone, "How do you know about Immortality?" I laughed because I figure that the next time this priest looks me up in Dreamtime I'm going to tell him that everything I know I learned from my son.

Some days it's just good to let yourself go down the rabbit hole wearing a grin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home